Elementary School Shows
Are you looking for a way to use fun and laughter to teach your students important lessons about reading, staying active and giving back to the community? Invite Ronald McDonald for a visit!
The Ronald McDonald ® Elementary School Shows are provided to you at no cost, courtesy of your local McDonald's ®. Shows themes and vocabulary are geared to grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
- A minimum of 100 students is required.
- Due to demand, schools are limited to one Ronald McDonald elementary school show performance per school year.
- Each show is approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Ronald and crew will need access to the performance area 1 hour prior to the scheduled performance time in order to set up.
Shows Available This Year
Giving Back with Ronald McDonald
- Encourages kids to share their talents, time and gifts with others
- Reinforces the importance of working and playing together
The show is designed to inspire elementary age children to give back to the community and show the magic in helping others. Ronald uses a creative mix of music, magic, skits and games to reinforce the value of giving back and the enjoyment that comes from it. He also helps the children recognize that they can become heroes in just simple ways: lending a hand, stepping up for what's right, and giving back. There will even be a visit from Ronald's faithful puppet friend, "Doggy"!
It's Book Time with Ronald McDonald
- Encourages reading
- Promotes library use and proper care for books
The show is designed to inspire elementary-age children to read. It has the full endorsement of Get Caught Reading, a leading, national reading campaign, designed to help students learn the importance of books and the fun in reading. "It's Book Time With Ronald McDonald™ " brings to life the concept of "book time" - the time we set aside to read.
In the show, Ronald McDonald and his friend "Stoogie," a sock-puppet bookworm, share their excitement for reading and introduce other good "friends" - books. In addition, the show reinforces appropriate library use and proper care of books. Ultimately, Ronald McDonald delivers a powerful message to children - reading is fun and book time is an important part of the day.
Go Active with Ronald McDonald
- Encourages a balanced, active lifestyle
- Teaches kids the importance of being active
It's a fun and active show that concentrates on both body and mind. During the show, Ronald's friend "Arnie" likes to stay inside his house playing video games and watching TV; Ronald and the audience try to coax "Arnie" to come out and play using improvisational games and fun activities to help set him on the road to leading a more balanced lifestyle. Ronald encourages everyone to burn energy by finding activities they like to do, make them fun and make them a habit. As Ronald says, "It's what I eat and what I do…and what I do is Go Active!"